Designers Take on Restaurant Design

publication date Jun 15, 2013

publication description Restaurant India

publication description Why Should You Look For A Designer For Your New Restaurant?

A restaurant’s popularity does not just depend on the food served; it is the ambience that   makes people love your restaurant. Talking about the importance of design in a   restaurant, Mr Sanjiv Malhan, Principal Designer, Office for International Architecture,   says, “The consumers have become very trendy these days; they know the world and have   become global. Nowadays designing is all about redefining the norms. If you want to get   somebody inside the door, your design should be very attractive because the first   impression, which is the designing part, is always visual.”

Mr Malhan mentions that, for a restauranteur, finding the right interior designer is   mostly  through the word of mouth. “About 80% of my clients come to me after seeing my   work and projects, while the rest 20% come from online advertisements, “ adds Mr   Malhan.

Mr Malhan’s Design Tips
Market survey: Market survey gives you an idea of current market demand because it   gives you an idea of the requirement of a particular place. Survey and study the market   because every day there is a new restaurant coming up.
Colour coding: Colour is a successful part in the world of designing. A good colour tone   will make your customer remember your restaurant and will promote appetites.
Branding: Designing also contributes to the brand development of a restaurant. Study the   design of the existing brands in the market. “When I work on a restaurant design   project,”  says Mr. Malhan, “I look at it in terms of quality of interior design, branding   and  positioning of the restaurant.”
Type of restaurant: Restaurant type is importance while designing your restaurant.   Talking about the design aspect of a QSR that leaves a unique impact on the customer,   Mr  Malhan says, “I recently worked on a QSR project which is going to open shortly at   Hauz Khas village. There I used blue and sand colour to give it a Persian impact as the   restaurant is based on the “Faarsi” concept.”

read more… online

 see publication

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment